Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

End of an era........

Just got word that Exhale, Venice is closing on December 15th........

In 2001 I took my first yoga teacher training with my first teacher, Max Strom. Soon after, he and a few other prominent teachers opened Sacred Movement, Center for Yoga and Healing in Venice, CA. Max had me start teaching at Sacred Movement, and the rest is history. I had no idea how lucky I was to begin teaching at this studio, and also to have the opportunity to practice with so many wonderful teachers there. We had our own little mecca of bliss. Time passed. I taught more, took more teacher trainings and eventually, Sacred Movement became Exhale, Max moved away and I was teaching nine classes a week on the schedule. I was happy and grateful, but its hindsight that makes you realize how lucky you were.

In 2008 I moved out of L.A and began traveling to teach, around the country and now beyond.  What I experienced and learned at Exhale/Sacred Movement as a teacher and as a student I can't explain in words. My time there, that time in my life was so special, so important and so valuable. I am forever grateful for ALL who made it was it was then, and what it has been in recent years. The space has been an incredible place for people to breathe, move, learn, grow, heal and expand. As we all know, when something comes to an end, more opportunity will come from that closure.

If you're reading this and you spent time at Exhale, Venice, thank you for contributing to the place, the space and the community. I hope to see you down the road wherever that may be!