Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Settling In

Happy 2015 to you all! Its been a busy start to the year here in Steamboat Springs, but I'm grateful for that. The last few years we've traveled and moved around so much. It feels great to be in one place, settling in and getting to know nice people. (the people here in Steamboat continue to surprise me by how nice they are!!!!) 

Each time around this year I feel the pressure to make a big New Years resolution or life change. Instead of putting that pressure on myself, I've simply thought about precisely, what I'd like to focus on each day. The little mantra that keeps coming back to me has been "Go in 100%, without expectations or assumptions". I do have life and teaching goals in mind, but for me right now its about putting myself out there, going in to friendships, teaching events, commitments 100% (if it feels right pf course!), without assumptions or getting caught up in what other people might think of me, what could go wrong, etc. Really, its about being myself and showing up with both my talents and my flaws. We're only 4 days in to 2015, but so far so good! I'll try to keep it up!

Along the lines of teaching events, this Thursday, January 8th I'm traveling to teach again in South Carolina at Greenville, Yoga. Studio owners Liz and Brian and myself were in our first teacher training together with Max Strom, way back when! I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again, working with their students and being in their great space. Fliers are below for both the public workshops and the continued education workshops that I'll be teaching. Private sessions are available. If interested, please let me know by e-mailing me at jamie@jamieelmer.com

Lastly, we have 2 spaces that have opened up for the 2nd retreat week in Mexico at the end of February. In my last few previous posts I've attached the flier for the retreat. If interested, scroll to previous posts and contact Rasa Yoga Center. Its going to be a very special time. Always is! 

Be well. Hope to see you soon!