Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

My down side of "living in the moment"

I think I'm fairly good at living in the moment and being grateful. Actually, I know I'm good at these two things. Each day I take time to recognize all that I'm grateful for, appreciate all that I have, small and large. Lately, its come to my attention that in addition to living in the moment and staying grateful, I also need to look at the bigger picture. The 5, 10 and 15 year plan and prepare accordingly. I'm not very good at this part of life. Recently someone gave me the assignment of listing, in different  life categories, what I want. Not based on what I think I deserve, what I think someone else might want for me, or what makes sense financially. Instead, simply listing, what I want. What I want my life to look like in 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, etc.  I get a bit stumped. Not because I don't know, but because I'm so used to thinking of what will make others happy before myself. Stumped because I automatically feel selfish and materialistic when I think of what I want. I'm trying to change this way of thinking. I'm realizing that the less I think about the future, the less of a positive impact I'll have in the future. I'm a very giving and caring person. To give and care for myself and others more, I need to not only be grateful for what I have, but also be setting myself up to give more long term.

These changes aren't going to happen over night in my way of thinking, but I'll be working on it. As I plan ahead, I'll continue to live in the moment and be grateful for all that I have. What a balance this life is!

One of the many things I'm grateful for today is the fact that I'll be teaching a couple of fun events this coming weekend in Steamboat Springs, CO, and next week headed to L.A to teach for two days on my way to Mexico to teach two week long retreats back to back. Yes, I know, life is good.

Here is whats coming up:

Steamboat Springs, CO
Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, February 12th, Exhale, Venice - www.exhalespa.com
2:30 - 3:45 pm. Beginner, Basics Class

*Thursday evening and Friday morning - one on one sessions (if interested in booking a private, please e-mail me at jamie@firstrayyoga.com)