Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

5th Annual Mexico Retreat


Nearly 6 years ago, my friend Mariane called me and asked if I wanted to teach a yoga retreat in Mexico. Mariane owns Rasa Yoga Center (in southern Oregon) and she wanted to hold a retreat at Villa Ananda, an Ayurvedic spa outside of Puerta Vallarta. I said yes, and the rest is history. I’m currently on the plane back from our 5th annual retreat at Villa Ananda and we’re already discussing the dates for 2016. 

This retreat is a week that I look forward to every year. Some participants we’ve had on the retreat for all 5 years. Some participants are new each year. Each year the people and diversity of the participants makes it special and different. I hope to make it a tradition that continues for a long, long time to come.

This retreat has so much to do with the people - the kitchen staff, the staff that keep up the grounds, the ayurvedic therapists and the retreaters are so special each year. Some retreaters have never met me before or been out of the country and take a chance, trust their friend, mom, or wife that they’ll have a good experience. Some retreaters I’ve known and practiced with for years and feel like family. At the end of the day, its about coming together, getting to know each other and trying something new in a special, cared for environment.




This picture pretty much sums up our experience - yoga, rest, great food, water and sun. We’re planning 2016 as I write this. Can you picture yourself here? I’ll keep you posted as to how to sign up as details unfold.